From the Amazon Listing:
Child Safety Locks – Babyproof Cabinets, Drawers, Appliances, Toilets Without Tools (6 Pack, Black)
- MULTIPLE USES, ONE LOCK – Securely shut your cabinets, drawers, appliances, toilets, trash cans, windows, pet food containers & more. Keep your little ones away from all the dangers in your home.
- EASY ADULT ACCESS – Latching system keeps even the most determined baby out of trouble while allowing for easy one-handed access for adults and closes with the simple push of a finger.
- SIMPLE STYLISH SECURITY – Babyproof your home in minutes without tools or damage. Appealing low-profile design with colors made to match your home decor. 3M adhesive will hold securely through the years and can be removed without damage. They’re the perfect solution for apartments or rentals.
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE – Secure Home by Jessa Leona uses only the highest quality materials. Our products are factory tested and we are confident you will absolutely love them. If you don’t, you are backed by our no questions asked, 100% money back guarantee!
- PEACE OF MIND IS ONLY A CLICK AWAY – Add to your cart now! Babyproof your home before your little one is on the move.
I’m really impressed with these baby proofing locks – they’re super for areas that are more difficult to childproof! I have four children, including a very curious and clever toddler, and another baby on the way, and I also have an old house with hard-to-childproof “features.” For example, our kitchen sink is an old-fashioned porcelain cabinet unit, with metal doors in the cabinet portion. So I can’t secure the cabinet under the sink (where most people, including me, like to store cleaning supplies) with standard cabinet locks that are designed to screw into wooden cabinets. These cabinets also don’t have handles that I can loop a childproofing latch through. I was seriously considering supergluing a hasp to the cabinet and padlocking it shut, and then I discovered these locks and decided to give them a chance first.
I followed the directions on the back of the package and couldn’t be happier with the final results. You can adjust the straps to the length you need by trimming the end. Once you have it set to the length you need (I left it as the length it came for my under-the-sink cabinet), you lock the black tab in place – I found it easier to tug up on the end of the strap to slide the tab into the locked position. The 3M foam adhesive tape sticks very securely – the packaging recommends giving the adhesive 24 hours to fully cure, but I was able to tug on the cabinet doors just a few minutes later and the adhesive didn’t budge. Once you have it all installed, you just slide the tab on the other side open to release the lock, and push it down onto the base to re-lock it. And ta-da, no more worries about the baby drinking the dish soap!
The package came with six of these nifty little locks, and there’s no shortage of places they’ll come in handy – locking the oven door, locking the refrigerator, locking the toilet lid… I’m even planning on using one on the door between my toddler’s bedroom and the bathroom as a back-up to the doorknob cover. These locks are terrific, and even if you have wooden cabinets, these ones are MUCH faster and easier to install than other child safety locks/latches I’ve installed before. I haven’t tried to remove them yet (and won’t be for several years), but apparently they’re also easy to remove when you no longer need them just by heating the area where the tabs are attached with a hair dryer for a few minutes.