I’ve always enjoyed amateur photography (and I’m very amateur, but that doesn’t make it any less fun). One of my favorite free-time activities is to hop in the car and head out to the back roads to find good photo ops. I have hundreds if not thousands of photos saved on my computer, everything from nature scenes to abandoned buildings, and of course lots of pictures of my kids and their artwork. But I’d never had any of my pictures printed on canvas before, and when I learned about CanvasHQ, I was interested to see what one of my photographs would look like on canvas.
Why should you use CanvasHQ for your canvas prints? There are lots of reasons!
- Canvas HQ uses artisan-quality canvas and lifelong UV- and water-resistant inks.
- They use solvent-based ink, because, just like oil paint, it stands up to moisture and resists fading. (The other guys use a water-based ink, just like your inkjet printer, that bleeds when moist).
- CanvasHQ is the only place to offer a choice of glossy, semi-gloss, and matte finish for your art. They also give you a choice in frame depths – .75″, 1.5″, or 2.5″.
- Fast and free digital proofs – if you select an image effect and don’t like the way it looks, they’ll tweak it or remove it. They also provide minor editing services such as red-eye reduction – just let them know when you place your order.
- Your order will be ready to ship in just two to three days from the day you place your order (or from when you approve your digital proof).
- Customer service: CanvasHQ is available by phone 24 hours a day and also offer a live chat feature.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee: If you’re not happy with your purchase, contact them within 30 days and they’ll either remake your artwork or refund your money. And all of their artwork has a lifetime guarantee that it will not fade, crack, or bubble.
Photos on canvas
I was really impressed with the entire process of having my picture printed onto canvas. I chose to print one of the favorite photographs I’ve taken – a picture of the sun setting over Lake Cadillac. You may recognize it; it’s the one I’m currently using as my blog background. The website is really easy to use, and I had no problems uploading and adjusting my photo. After submitting my photo, it was sent to their graphic design team to check over and make sure everything looked good for printing. They emailed me a notification when my proof was ready, with an image of what the print would look like pre-mounting.
You have the option of having your image stop at the edge of the where the frame will be or wrapping around. Since I wasn’t planning on framing mine for a while (if ever), I chose to have my print wrap around.
My print arrived via FedEx and was carefully wrapped in a plastic sleeve inside of the shipping box. CanvasHQ prints come with the hanging hardware mounted to the back of the frame and even includes a hanging hook so you can mount your canvas without the need for any tools.
Sadly, the included hanging hook didn’t work for my walls – it went into the wall easily at first, but then hit something inside the wall and wouldn’t go any further. But our house is old and still has lath and plaster walls in many of the rooms, so unless you too have a weird old house, the hanging hook should work just fine for you. I just used a regular old screw to hang my print from and that works fine.
The frame that the canvas is mounted to is made of kiln-dried super premium pine. (Since I’ve never had a canvas print before, I was curious about how it was put together).
I knew right where I wanted to hang my print – in my “writing nook,” which is actually just my desk tucked into the ground floor of our house’s turret. I turned it into a cubicle sort of area with a strategically placed bookcase. Yes folks, this is where the blogging magic happens! 😉
I really love this print, and intend to have more prints made of my photography in the future now that I’ve seen how high quality these prints are. We have quite a lot of wall surface to decorate in our new(ish) house, so there’s plenty of room to hang up my photographs as well as prints of my children’s art! And if we ever get a family picture done, I’d love to have that printed on canvas as well.
One lucky reader is going to win an 11″ x 14″ Canvas Print (or $53.95 in credit – the value of the 11″ x 14″ Canvas Print – towards a larger print)! This giveaway is open to readers in the US and Canada and will end on August 14th at 11:59pm EST.
DISCLOSURE: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides, Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Dividing by Zero is not responsible for prize fulfillment; the sponsor is responsible for shipping the prizes to the winner’s valid address (no PO Boxes). Your information will not be sold or shared; it is used by the blog owner only and solely for verification/prize fulfillment.